Sunday, October 9, 2011

Gratitude

gratitude |ˈgratəˌt(y)oōd|
noun
the quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness

How many days do I fill with complaints? How many minutes and hours and days do I waste thinking about the things I don't have? Too many. Every minute we have on this beautiful earth is a blessing. Even when it feels like a curse. God has given us everything. We owe Him our praise and adoration! But what do we do? We complain. Let's remember all we have today that we can be glad and have joy!

Think of this life as a quilt. Let's sow together all of the sadness and happiness, sickness and wealth with the thread of thankfulness. Let's create a beautiful quilt of joy from gratitude. Gratitude to our Savior who owes us nothing and yet so graciously provides us with all things! How lovely is His mercy. How thankful we should be! Gratitude is not because we have perfect lives and nothing goes wrong. Gratitude is because the Spirit of God is within us. He is ever present in our lives! That is reason to have gratitude!

Dispositions often influence our attitudes toward or against gratitude. For me personally my disposition is a huge indicator of whether or not my heart wants to be thankful. But why does what you want win over what you should do!? I should be thankful for all my Savior gives me. And yet, I complain. So many people are addicted to criticism, analysis and negativity; me included. Our world gives us a constant view of how things should be, what we should say, how we should look and if we're not up to their standards, we are criticized. Our outfits are analyzed and many times the first thing out of our mouth is not positive. Brother, change this. Be the example of Christ to which we are called. Be full of gratitude and thankfulness. Let it flow freely from your heart.

"Vocatus atque non vocatus, deus aderit." - Erasmus
"Bidden or unbidden, God is present." - Erasmus

BIDDEN OR UNBIDDEN OUR GOD IS PRESENT.

Christian be grateful! Have gratitude to your Lord and Savior for He is present! Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment