Sunday, June 5, 2011

With my luck Guatemala customs won't let me leave and I'll have to walk 127 miles to the American Consulate.

Big red suitcase.  Check.

Nalgene water bottle.  Check.

Passport.  Check.

Bible and notebook.  Check.

Gameboy.  Check.

Camera.  Check.

Anti-diarrhea medicine.  Check.

Well folks.  It's here at last.  June 6th.  The day I fly internationally for the first time EVER.  I'm heading to Guatemala!  I'll be there for two weeks with four girls from MidAmerica Nazarene University.  We'll be changing water filters, working in the clinic, teaching children English ( :) ) speaking a butt ton of Spanish and just loving the people!!

It's really quite pointless to try to tell you how excited I am.  I. Am. Stoked.

There are a few things you could do for me if you think about it.

1) PRAY FOR ME.  And my team.  Maybe this is selfish but I really don't want to have to use that anti-diarrhea medicine.  Pray we have servant hearts.  Pray I don't lose my Spanish words.  Pray the people feel our love.  Pray that Jesus will be glorified.

2) Send me an e-mail.  This isn't so imperative.  BUT, I would LOVE to see your name in my inbox.  Any sort of encouragement would be wonderful.  (I get homesick easy....) (rmjeff123@gmail.com)

3) Safety.  Eh.  I'm not too worried.  Yea, third world country.  Yea, maybe a little dangerous.  But we have Jesus!  As long as we're not stupid, I'm pretty confident we'll be okay.  (That was not supposed to be as arrogant as it sounded....)


I am so excited to go praise Jesus in Guatemala.  I'm also very excited to come back and report on my adventures.

Peace out, Olathe.  See you in two weeks.
Peace.Love.Gap.
Ruth. Jeff.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe this is selfish but I really don't want to have to use that anti-diarrhea medicine.

    ha.

    i love you.

    ReplyDelete